EDUCATION DATA SECURITY
PROTECTING THE NEXT GENEARTION
The dawn of a new school year brings the hope of new goals, limitless expectations and the responsibility to build our future leaders. But with this opportunity, comes the open door for opportunist identity thieves to strike and remain untraced sometimes for up to 10 years before being discovered.
Sobering statistics indicate that child Identity theft is on the rise, annually victimizing 1 in 40 U.S. households with 27% of offenders known by the child’s parents. Research indicates that when targeting children, 56% of all offenders target misuse of a child’s social Security number.
Identity Theft Countermeasures Group, LLC presents a unique solution to this issue. We offer a complete training program on a grant basis so there is absolutely no cost to your school.
Grant Based Training Includes:
- Our custom on site risk assessment of all departments and facilities. Our data security experts have a keen eye for spotting “at risk” data. We will also produce a complete written report for your review and records.
- Custom made Identity Theft Prevention Plan Workbooks will be printed for each employee with your logo on the front.
- Fast, efficient live and interactive staff training custom tailored for each department. We will have the staff in, out and fully trained in less than an hour and a half!
- An efficient vendor auditing program which analyzes the safety footprint of the vendors who have potential access to your data.
- Recurring training for new employees so your school or college can focus on what it does best – educating and transforming lives
The end result of participating in our training program is the transformation of your staff into “Human Firewalls!” Statistics show that 97% of all data breaches involve some failure at the human level. In light of this fact, the best data safety device in any company isn’t a better security software package, it’s a well trained staff!
The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) enforced by The U.S. Department of Education was enacted to protect the privacy of student school records.
The act gives parents the right to:
- Review and peruse their child’s school records and forms collected that contain any personal information. .
- Allow or “opt-out” of allowing the school to share or otherwise disclose any personal information in their child’s educational records. In other words, you have the right to stop the school from sharing your child’s information with non-education-related outfits like advertisers, vendors and fund raising organizations. Schools are required to send an annual notice to parents explaining their rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.
Schedule your Training with IDTCG today and fill out the application form or Call (888) 789-2199 ext 701
For More Information read Safeguarding Your Child’s Future from the FTC
Executive Briefing Today